Motorhome Camping Season is Finally Here!
You’ve waited patiently and the time has finally come to get your motorhome in Alberta or BC ready for the camping season. Now what?
Okay, you’ve checked out RV dealers in Calgary. If you live farther north you’ve checked local Edmonton RV dealers. But you don’t have full confidence in their ability to service your RV properly. Call us at Happy Trails RV! Our team of certified RV mechanics operates 21 service bays for quick and professional maintenance service at affordable prices.
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, there are some things you can do at home to get your RV ready:
- Inspect and clean appliances. Look in all the nooks and crannies for spider webs, insects, bird nests and other small animals. Use mild soap and water to wash off accumulated dust and dirt.
- Inspect dump hoses. They don’t last forever! Any cracks, tears or holes mean they have to be replaced.
- Check waste tank valves. You might want to do this at a dump station. Slowly open the valves and drain holding tanks if you haven’t done so already. If valves are hard to operate, valve lube might do the trick. Otherwise they may have to be replaced.
- Try your generator. It might be a little temperamental if it’s been sitting for a while. Priming will help it start faster. If you don’t have a prime feature, keep cranking until it starts. Make sure to let the starter cool after 15 seconds or so of cranking. It should start eventually. If it doesn’t, give us a call at Happy Trails RV! We’re there to help.
- Unroll your awnings and inspect for rips, holes and wear. Repair or replace as necessary. Inspect the awning mechanisms carefully. If your awnings fail to fully extend, it’s time to call in a pro. Spring tensioners can be tricky to adjust.
- Perform a full inspection of the exterior of the RV. The smallest leak, crack or missing caulking can be the source of serious water damage.
- Inspect your tires. Your family’s safety depends on it! Any cracks in the sidewall or between the treads absolutely need to be addressed. Ensure the tire pressure is correct.
At Happy Trails RV we recommend you get your batteries, propane and water checked by our professional technicians. Handling these can be tricky and even dangerous if you don’t know exactly how to proceed.
Looking to upgrade your RV? Call Happy Trails RV toll free at (877)538-2120. Our Calgary RV customers and Edmonton RV customers are more than happy with our selection and service! Contact us today! Your complete satisfaction with our sales and service is our number one priority!